Chief Master Sgt. Neil D. Larregui is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the Puerto Rico Air National Guard at Joint Forces Headquarters, Fort Buchanan, Guaynabo. Chief Larregui serves as the principal advisor to commanders and senior staff on matters of mission effectiveness, professional development, military readiness, training, promotion, retention, utilization, health, morale, welfare and assignment policy affecting over 900 enlisted personnel.
Chief Larregui entered in the United Stated Air Force in February 1994. Initially, he was assigned to the Puerto Rico Air National Guard as a services specialist. In March of 1999 he transferred to the Mission Support Flight as a personnel specialist. In June 2000 he was assigned to the Base Education and Training office as the base education and training technician at the wing level. In September 2005 he was assigned to his first duty as the services flight superintendent for the 156th Airlift Wing. He was directly involved in the standup of the Fatality Search and Recovery Team within the Puerto Rico Air National Guard. In February 2012 Chief Larregui was transferred to Joint Forces Headquarters as the human resources superintendent. In February 2013 Chief Larregui was transferred to the Active Guard and Reserve Section as the program manager. He served at various locations throughout the Air Force, providing support to OPERATIONS NOBLE EAGLE, ENDURING FREEDOM and OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM. He was appointed as Force Support Squadron superintendent in October 2014. He led the Force Support Squadron during Hurricane Irma and Maria recovery. In February 2018 Chief Larregui was transferred to Joint Forces Headquarters as state force manager for Air. In January 2020 Chief Larregui was transferred to the 156th Force Support Squadron as superintendent. His leadership was instrumental to his squadron in September’s 2021 Air Combat Command’s Mid-Point inspection in which two of his flights were recognized as a “Superior Performing Team”. Prior to his current position, the chief master sergeant was the Senior Enlisted Leader with the 156th Force Support Squadron, Muñiz Air National Guard Base, Carolina, Puerto Rico.
1997 Bachelor of Business Administration, Major in Accounting, Caribbean University of Puerto Rico
1998 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
1999 USAF Honor Guard Course, Bolling Air Force Base, Washington D.C.
2003 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2005 Protocol Fundamental Course, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2009 Force Support Leadership Course, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
2012 ANG Chiefs Executive Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
1. February 1994–March 1999, Services Journeyman,156th Services Flight, Muñiz ANGB, Puerto Rico
2. March 1999–June 2000, Personnel Specialist, 156th Military Personnel Flight, Muñiz ANGB, Puerto Rico
3. June 2000–April 2005, Base Education and Training Technician, 156th Military Personnel Flight, Muñiz ANGB, Puerto Rico
4. April 2005–September 2011, Superintendent, 156th Services Flight, Muñiz ANGB, Puerto Rico (May 2008–September 2008 Services Manager, 380th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Al Dhafra AB, UAE)
5. September 2011–January 2012, Superintendent, 156th Force Support Squadron, Muñiz ANGB, Puerto Rico
6. February 2012–January 2013, Superintendent, JFHQ - Human Resources, Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico
7. February 2013–September 2014, AGR Program Manager JFHQ, Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico
8. October 2014–January 2018, Superintendent, 156th Force Support Squadron, Muñiz ANGB, Puerto Rico
9. February 2018–January 2020, State Force Support Manager, JFHQ, Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico
10. January 2020–September 2023, Superintendent, 156th Force Support Squadron, Muñiz ANGB, Puerto Rico
11. October 2023–Present, State Command Chief Master Sergeant, JFHQ, Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air and Space Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air and Space Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Army Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air and Space Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with eight oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with service star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal with service star
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
2008 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Month, Al Dhafra, AB, UAE
2008 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Quarter, 156th Airlift Wing, Puerto Rico
2009 Honor Guard Program Manager of the Year, Puerto Rico National Guard
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class Feb. 16, 1994
Senior Airman Sept. 12, 1995
Staff Sergeant Aug. 24, 1998
Technical Sergeant March 6, 2002
Master Sergeant March 12, 2004
Senior Master Sergeant March 16, 2009
Chief Master Sergeant Dec. 21, 2011
(Current as of November 2023)